OUR PROCESS IS SIMPLE AND OBLIGATION FREE
Share your vision below and we will call you back with our proposal. It is that simple.
- Determine your budget and obtain financing if needed. We can work with construction lenders.
- Find your building lot. The cost of the lot, the lot development costs and the cost of construction should be less than the market value of the finished home in your neighborhood. We can help you during this critical step in your land purchase. Prior to purchasing your lot, you should also determine any special planning or building codes that apply to your specific site and location. Working with a good real estate agent is critical. If you want to demolish an existing structure(s) on the lot, we can help with demolition and debris hauling as well.
- Choose the floor plan of your new home! Begin with our Pre-Engineered Plans to see which fits your site and lifestyle. Modifying these standard plans is easy, or you can design a Custom Plan with our assistance. We can do the design /architecture work for your project, or work with your architect or designer. Pencil and paper are cheap, and this is the time to get your design right. Once construction starts, the cost of making changes goes up.
- With our guidance you will submit your plans and documentation to your local Building Department for their approval prior to being able to obtain your building permit. (Note: some areas also have an extensive Planning Approval). During this time period you will also be making many important decisions such as hiring a general contractor or acting as an owner/builder to build your home, the interior and exterior finishes you want in your new home, etc. We are licensed general contractors and can build and finish your project.
- When your plans are approved you are ready to start your foundation and order your panelized framing package. Then the exciting day arrives when you meet the trucks at your site and they start unloading your new framing package. If the foundation and sub-floor are done it is not unusual on that first day for many of the wall panels to be erected and you can stand looking out your kitchen window, imagining someone else doing the dishes!
What is & NOT included in the package
The Basic Panelized Home Framing Package includes all framed exterior walls from the sub-floor up with the sheathing and windows installed, main doors, interior framed walls, second floor and stair material (if applicable), roof trusses, roof sheathing and siding (if applicable).
- PLANS AND ENGINEERING – This includes the fully engineered plans including the foundation plan, the structural calculations, truss plan and calculations.) Unless you are providing custom plans by your architect and engineer.
- PANELIZED WALL SECTIONS: Framed with dry Douglas Fir
- EXTERIOR SIDING: Factory applied 19/32″ OSB Primed Panel Siding or Cement Lap Siding and Trim
- EXTERIOR SHEATHING: (in lieu of siding) 3/8″ OSB
- BUILDING PAPER: Typar or equal
- WINDOWS: Factory installed dual glazed vinyl frames
- ROOF FRAMING: Engineered, assembled roof trusses
- ROOF SHEATHING: 15/32″ OSB
- 2nd FLOOR JOISTS: TJI Silent Floor System
- 2nd FLOOR SHEATHING: Full faced 23/32″ T&G OSB
- EXTERIOR DOORS: Pre-hung embossed, fiberglass insulated
- EXTERIOR DOOR LOCKS: Construction security keyed locks
- GARAGE FIRE DOOR: Fire rated, prehung fiberglass insulated
- BEAMS AND POSTS: Douglas Fir or Engineered Lumber
- MISCELLANEOUS FRAMING LUMBER: Douglas Fir
- NAILS, CAULK, FLOOR ADHESIVE, FLASHING, HARDWARE
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- SITE PLAN/ENERGY CALCULATIONS (prepared by Red Tape Express)/SPRINKLER PLAN
- GRADING/DEMOLITION/LANDSCAPING/GEOLOGIST REPORT/OTHER PROFESSIONAL DRAWINGS
- PERMITS AND FEES
- SLAB FOUNDATION OR PERIMETER FOUNDATION and first floor anchor bolts and hold downs
- 1ST FLOOR FRAMING LUMBER AND SHEATHING (1st Floor packages are available as an option in some locations).
- FRAMING CARPENTER LABOR (Framing labor for PMHI package available as an option in some locations)
- INTERIOR DOORS, JAMBS AND CASING
- SHELVES, POLES AND BASE MOLDING
- KITCHEN & BATH CABINETS
- PLUMBING – ROUGH AND FINISH
- ELECTRICAL – ROUGH AND FINISH
- HEAT AND AIR – ROUGH AND FINISH
- WALL AND CEILING INSULATION
- SHEETROCK – TAPE AND TEXTURE
- GUTTERS AND DOWNSPOUTS
- FINISH ROOFING
- GARAGE CAR DOOR
- COUNTER TOPS
- LIGHT FIXTURE ALLOWANCE
- SHOWER DOOR(S)
- CARPETING AND VINYL FLOOR COVERING
- APPLIANCES – RANGE, HOOD, DISPOSAL, DISHWASHER
- EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR PAINT
- DECKING MATERIAL AND EXTERIOR STAIRS